Chocolate Carob Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies
I’ve fallen in love with carob. It’s true. While I realize that carob is often a cocoa substitute, my experimenting has taught me that it certainly doesn’t have to be! Let’s have our carob and eat it too! (ohhh man, hilarious, I know) What I’m getting at is, I found carob and chocolate go brilliantly together! Then once you add a little peanut butter and cinnamon to the mix? Oh, my my!
Carob Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies
- 1/2 C Butter (1 stick)
- 1/2 C Milk
- 1/2 C Carob Powder
- 1/2 C Bittersweet Chocolate, chopped or chips
- 2 C Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon*
- 1/2 C Peanut Butter
- 3 C Rolled Oats (not the instant kind)
- Mix first 7 ingredients in a medium sized saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir while slowly** bringing to a boil. Chocolate will melt and mixture will become a beautiful dark satiny color.
- Once mixture has reached a rolling boil,*** continue to stir for a full minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in both peanut butter and oats.
- Quickly drop onto parchment paper or silicone mat. I drop roughly 2 Tbs per cookie.
- Let cool and enjoy!
Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Yields approximately 1 dozen large cookies
*I used to think cinnamon was cinnamon. Then my husband gifted me some higher quality stuff. It made a huge difference in my baking!
**Slowly bring ingredients to a boil, otherwise cookies may not set properly.
***A “rolling boil” is a boil that is not slowed or stopped with stirring.
Happy Weekend Everyone!