Peanut Butter and Honey Cookies
We woke up to a thick blanket of fresh white snow yesterday morning. What an opportunity to embrace Winter’s last hoorah (we hope!) and snuggle in for the day! These cookies made our quiet day indoors that much sweeter. Using buckwheat honey helps the honey flavor stand up to the peanut butter so they really are equal partners, hence the name.
Peanut Butter Cookies
Approx. 4 dozen cookies.
- 1 C Peanut Butter (I use creamy)
- 1 C Sugar
- 1/2 C Buckwheat Honey
- 1 Tbs Molasses
- 1/2 C Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 3/4 C Flour
- 3/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Egg
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix sugar, honey, molasses, and butter. Add the peanut butter and beat in the egg.
- Add flour and baking soda. Mix.
- Drop by spoonful (I use a small cookie scoop) onto ungreased cookie sheet. Press with fork in a criss-cross shape. The dough will be very soft.
- Bake at 375°F for 9 minutes. It is always tempting to over-bake these cookies, but don’t do it. They may not seem completely done. Don’t fret, they are fine. Let cool for a couple of minutes on the pan before transferring to a rack to cool completely.
- Eat and Enjoy!